lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Offtopic Realtek

From: Joel Baumert
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Offtopic Realtek
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:20:43 -0000

How fast are you sending characters to the RealTek?  You could try
inserting a delay between writes.  Other than that I would verify that
Address set, hold, etc timings are ok.  If you are using the 16-bit
interface you could try switching to 8-bit writes and see if that is the
problem.

Joel

At 09:06 PM 11/13/02 +1100, you wrote:
>This is offtopic but somone here might have the answer.
>
>I am trying to write a driver for the Realtek chip, all is fine apart for
>one problem. Some bytes are changed when the are sent on Ethernet.
>I am logging information using Etherpeek on W2K.
>eg: sending 0x50 in a packet I get 0x52 on the PC.
>
>I can write any value into registers and that works, so my hardware/bus is
>fine.
>Some other bytes are substituted and the only pattern I have found is:
>if bit 4 and any bit 5,6 or 7 is set then bit 1 is set !!
>
>I can't make any sense out of this, it's driving me mad. I even changed
>chips and  I still have the same problem so I figure it must be software !
>
>Any ideas anyone ?
>
>Thanks
>
>Nic

>[This message was sent through the lwip discussion list.]

  Joel Baumert
  Zworld, Senior Software Engineer
  http://www.zworld.com