lwip-members

[lwip-members] LWIP-1.3.1 Freeing a partial pbuf chain?

From: Brian McFarland
Subject: [lwip-members] LWIP-1.3.1 Freeing a partial pbuf chain?
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 15:19:10 -0400

I am working with the ‘raw’ API to develop an event driven TCP application.   My tcp_recv() callback needs to be able to process a partial pbuf chain, free the part handled by the callback, and then save remaining pbufs for later use.   So for example if the chain looks like this:  A->B->C->D, I want to process free A & B and keep C & D.

Am I correct in trying to do this by calling pbuf_ref( C ) and then pbuf_free( A )?  Where does pbuf_dechain fit in?