lwip-members

[lwip-members] LwIP port to Tern, using PPP

From: Dave Lyneham
Subject: [lwip-members] LwIP port to Tern, using PPP
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 00:24:28 +1000

Hi all,

This is my first post, I hope this is the correct forum for this type
of message.  I ask your indulgence in helping me get aquainted with
the preferred methods using the non-gnu site.

I have been porting LwIP to the Tern EL AM186 -based module using
FreeRTOS for multithreading.  Today I was able to get a PPP connection
over the Telstra (Australia) GSM mobile network using a Sony Ericsson
terminal.

I was so happy to have got this far, I wanted to thank the community
and of course Adam for making the open source project available for
the likes of myself to use.  Also Richard Barry for FreeRTOS and his
support.

In making the port I was slowed down by 2 bugs in the current release
which I could later find have been documented:

- #17726 where the pppMain thread is not terminated and
- #9191 / #19052 where some macros in ppp.h are incorrect.

Because of these it seems PPP is broken in the current release, I
wonder if there is away to warn people until the next stable release..

Also, I have learned a fair bit in getting to grips with the code over
the last few weeks, if I could be of assistance in any testing
relating to PPP I am happy to help.

Kind regards
Dave