lwip-members

Re: [lwip-members] RAW IP

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-members] RAW IP
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 17:00:09 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Sebastian Bauer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I submitted under
>
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?func=detailpatch&patch_id=1756&group_id=3159
> a patch which is a first step for RAW IP support. I wanted to ask what's the
> current state of it? (as RAW IP support is quite important for me)

Thanks for your contribution.  Looks like a good start.  The patch needs
cleaning up a bit (some whitespace modifications, some changes to
the defaults in lwipopts.h that shouldn't be needed, changes to the
gateway and host address in simhost), but otherwise seems fine.

Would you like to make these changes to the patch, or should one of us do
this?  I'm not sure if it's possible to modify a patch that's already in
the database - has anyone tried this?

Finally, although I see no reason for this to be applied (with the above
changes) if someone else objects (maybe some release is being planned and
we need to hold off on changes for a while) then shout!

Kieran