lwip-members

Re: [lwip-members] new files license text policy

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-members] new files license text policy
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 14:20:42 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Jani Monoses wrote:

> Do we just copy paste BSD licenses to newly created files?
> The license should be consistent I know and it has to remain BSD
> but the part with copyright SICS is weird.Not that I care what it says
> in the copyright but it's funny to copy Copyright SICS 2001-2002 or something
> like that for a new file.While 2003 is funnier because SICS does not know
> about it :)
> What do you think?

I think it's easiest if we all just give the copyright of the changes we
make (at least in the short term while we're not completely rewriting the
whole thing!) to SICS.  I'm not sure if you're allowed to give someone
else the copyright on a work without their permission.  I can't see an
obvious reason why not, but there may be one.  The easiest thing to do
seems to be to get the OK from Adam for us to give SICS the copyright for
any minor changes we make.

How does that sound Adam?

Kieran