lwip-members

Re: [lwip-members] new debugging features in CVS

From: Jani Monoses
Subject: Re: [lwip-members] new debugging features in CVS
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 16:18:19 +0200

After some more thought and trial here's what I propose:

1)Have everything configurable set to defaults in lwip/opt.h
only put defines which appear in lwip core not DEBUG_TAPIF,DEBUG_DEMO etc.
2)debug.h should contain the flags and diagnostic definitions but NO
user-overridable settings (diags are overwritten by platform that's OK)
3)A project should compile with empty lwipopts.h

lwip/opt.h looks like

#include "lwip/debug.h" //this provides the dbg flags to lwipopts
#include "lwipopts.h"  // anything the user wants to redefine

//every default here:

#ifndef LWIP_FOO
#define LWIP_FOO DEFOOLT
#endif

Right now I see no drawback to this scheme (otherwise I wouldn't have posted ;)
but the benefits are smaller & easier to manage lwipopts and lwip files can
now include opt.h and not debug since that is included anyway.

what do you think?