lwip-members

Re: [lwip-members] dhcp leon changes

From: David Haas
Subject: Re: [lwip-members] dhcp leon changes
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 08:50:28 -0500

Hi,

I have not used this merge tool so I don't know for sure, but I would guess that what the note is saying is that the merge will always be from the start of the branch to the latest (whether its the latest in the branch or in the main I don't know). And you should be explicit about what you are merging from??

I generally use the EDIFF tool within emacs to merge. It is a fairly manual operation, but you get to see everything and verify you are doing what you want. You can use the built-in CVS support within emacs to support seeing and merging from non-latest revisions. I admit that it is fairly complex to set up and use.

David.

address@hidden wrote:

Hello Jani and others.

I ran into a merge issue that is described here:

http://www.tortoisecvs.org/guide.html#merge

Important  note:  The  merge given above will try to merge changes from the
start  of  the  branch.  If  you  do  the operation a second time (to merge
changes done to the branch after the last merge), merging from the start of
the  branch  is  not  what  you  want, and it will most likely get you into
trouble.  To  get around this problem, you should give the branch a new tag
after  every  merge,  and  use  the  new  tag  when  naming  the branch for
subsequent merges.

Anyway, I'm fixing the post-merge issues right now.

I currently do not quite understand the "Important Note" above. If someone
can explain me
what the typical merge actions look like, I would be grateful.

Regards,

Leon Woestenberg

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           Jani Monoses <address@hidden>                    |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lwip-members-bounces+leon.woestenberg=axon.tv|
|         |           @nongnu.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           20-02-2003 11:25                             |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
 |

 |       To:       address@hidden
       |
 |       cc:
                |
 |       Subject:  [lwip-members] dhcp leon changes
                |

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi
Leon are you still working on the dhcp/netif thing or did things settle?
I am asking so I don't interfere with your possible further changes.
the code in CVS right now has circular dependencies of dhcp.h netif.h which
cause
some warnings in dhcp.h and ip.h (implicit decl of netif.h)
I put a struct netif; insetad of include <netif.h> in these files but maybe
someone
as a better solution.
Also a compile error in dhcp.h (missing / at beginning of comment before
options_in_len.
And lots of C++ style comments ;)

Jani.