lwip-members

[lwip-members] sockets

From: Jani Monoses
Subject: [lwip-members] sockets
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 18:48:53 +0200

Hi
would anybody really want  BSD socket interface without proper errors
or without providing the well-known API?
In other words I suggest getting rid of LWIP_PROVIDE_ERRNO and COMPAT_SOCKET
and other defines which compilcate the code and make it much too configurable.
I think if someone choses the socket interface instead of the lighter one
there's no reason in providing it half-baked.
So unless there are objections I'll clean up that part and make it self
contained
(no reliance on system provided errno.h in the unix case for example)
David I recall you saying something about part of select defines residing in
the coldfire
port.If that's the case those which are releant should be made platform
independent
and moved up too.

Jani.