lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #61558] Possibly faulty behaviour on receiving large p

From: INVALID.NOREPLY
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #61558] Possibly faulty behaviour on receiving large payloads with mqtt+tls causing disconnect
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 03:00:33 -0500 (EST)

To clarify; the issue is that the a disconnect event is triggered in lwip
mqtt, i.e before any function calls to our code.

Running mqtt without tls does not cause this issue.

Even if tcp is not a packet based protocol, i still think the packets should
be assembled back together right?

When pbufs come in to the mqtt_recv_cb() in lwip mqtt.c and tls is not used,
the ppbufs are chained together if the data is more than PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE.

When using tls pbufs are never chained when received by mqtt_recv_cb(). This
is why i suspect it might have something to do with packets not being chained
back together after decryption in altcp.
Of course the reason might be something else but this is what I have found.

In any case, we can not handle this in our code since the disconnect is
happening before the data reaches our part of the code.

Do you see what i mean now?

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?61558>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/