lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Windows implementation of lwIP

From: inf20051
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Windows implementation of lwIP
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 17:01:53 +0200

Am 29.10.2021 16:43 schrieb goldsimon@gmx.de:

Am 29.10.2021 um 16:11 schrieb inf20051:
> Hello,
>
> for a project at my university, my team was assigned a project with the
> task I will describe in detail below:
>
> The goal of our project is to get lwIP to work on Windows and improve on
> the patch #9525 (httpd: add Websocket support,
> https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9525), to get it through the approval
> process for lwIP.
> Furthermore, we have to implement a demo-server in a virtual environment
> of Windows as well as implement a GUI-based client for demonstration and
> testing purposes.
> Our lecturer requested that we use the newest version of lwIP (2.1.x),
> but we noticed that the win32 support that was present in older versions
> is no longer built in. Alternatively, we may use the last version of
> lwIP that still offers Windows support (1.4.x), but I still wanted to at
> least inquire about the current version.

I'll have to correct you here: windows support in the download files is
still present. You'll jsut have to download contrib-2.1.0.zip: there
have been no changes/bugfixes since then, which is why there is no
contrib download for 2.1.1 or 2.1.2.

However, since those releases, we have restructured our repository and
the contrib code (including windows support) is located in the main
repository now (and will be included in the main download from 2.2.0 on).

Many thanks for the information, that is good to know!

> At this moment in our project, we are mainly concentrating on the
> implementation of lwIP for Windows and thus I want to ask if any of you
> have a functioning implementation that we can set up for ourselves, so
> we can get started on our project? Guides are very much appreciated but
> anything will help!

I'd suggest you to work with the current git master, not with the
released version: if you plan to contribute back code, this will have to
be on top of git master, not for one of the 2.1.x releases.

Regards,
Simon

Alright, then we will do that!

Regards,