lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] LWIP Example App

From: Catherine Meadows
Subject: [lwip-devel] LWIP Example App
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 11:06:02 -0400

Good Morning,

We are trying to run the LWIP example_app and are unable to achieve a useful output. Either the app fails to assign an IP address or the assigned local interface IP cannot be pinged/connected to. Compiling and running the example_app gives the output:

"""
Starting lwIP, local interface IP is dhcp-enabled
SIOCSIFNETMASK: Cannot assign requested address
ifconfig returned 256
ip6 linklocal address: FE80::12:34FF:FE56:78AB
status_callback==UP, local interface IP is 0.0.0.0
"""

Do you have any ideas as to what this issue could be caused by? And can you clarify what the expected behavior should be from running the example_app and the steps to reproduce? We are using the master branch from the LWIP git repo and are running on Ubuntu 18.04. We set #define LWIP_TCPECHO_APP 1 in lwipcfg.h but otherwise haven't changed the code.

Very Respectfully,

Catherine Meadows

--
Catherine Meadows
MIDN 1/C United States Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps