lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #58571] DNS host list is global even for multiple neti

From: Freddie Chopin
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #58571] DNS host list is global even for multiple netifs
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 10:22:34 -0400 (EDT)

As I've stumbled into exactly the same problem, I've taken the liberty to take
the patch posted earlier by Ashley and update it to the latest lwIP master. It
should now apply easily, with no errors or rejects. I've also allowed myself
to improve it slightly:
- I've renamed the option from LWIP_DNS_SERVER_PER_NETIF to
LWIP_DNS_SERVERS_PER_NETIF, as this seems more correct
- I've added the new option along with a (rather long) description to opt.h
- I've modified the few remaining dns_{get,set}server() calls which were left
by the original patch (if I remember correctly - one in dns_init(), one in
dhcp6.c and a few in nd6.c)
- couple of minor things

Please let me know what can be done to merge this patch, as I would really
prefer NOT to keep working with a forked submodule (; I'm open to suggestions
how to further improve it or even change it into some other method for solving
this not-so-common issue.

(file #50107)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: 0001-Introduce-LWIP_DNS_SERVERS_PER_NETIF-option.patch Size:14 KB

<https://file.savannah.nongnu.org/file/0001-Introduce-LWIP_DNS_SERVERS_PER_NETIF-option.patch?file_id=50107>

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?58571>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/