lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] IP data packets are forwarded although it should never

From: Benjamin Kalytta
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] IP data packets are forwarded although it should never work in theory, but why?
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2020 13:37:43 +0000

Hello Indan,

> This is how most IP stacks are implemented and is intended behaviour.
> They consider the stack itself as an end node and not each interface as an
> end node, so all configured IP addresses are reachable through any interface.
> Mind you, packets are not forwarded between networks.

thank you for your fast response. I was not aware of that. I would need at
least an option for a hard separation (DMZ) for specific interfaces. What do
you think is the best point to implement that? In ip_input or ip_input_accept?
Do you have implemented it and how did you implement it?

With Kind Regards,
Benjamin Kalytta