lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9927] SNMP Manager support

From: Indan Zupancic
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9927] SNMP Manager support
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 11:27:40 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release: None

Details:

This patch adds SNMP v1/v2c/v3 manager support to lwIP.

Manager support and agent support can both be enabled at the same time.

This implementation is tested for v1, v2c and v3. Agent support is also fully
tested. Harrold's SNMP bugfix patches are required for proper operation.

No sample code is added to either snmp_netconn.c, nor snmp_raw.c. This is
because we want both agent and manager support handled in the same thread, but
not in lwIP's tcpip thread. We define SNMP_NETCONN to enable thread-safety,
but in our own thread code we use the raw API with either LOCK_TCPIP_CORE() or
via tcpip_callback(), depending on LWIP_TCPIP_CORE_LOCKING.

(There are some tiny unrelated changes in snmp_traps.c which we need for a
platform specific custom modification, because we use multiple interfaces and
can't use snmp_get_local_ip_for_dst. We would appreciate it if those were
merged too, to reduce our diff with upstream.)

File Attachments:

Date: Fri 24 Apr 2020 05:27:39 PM CEST  Name: mep_lwip_snmp_manager.patch
Size: 57KiB   By: indan

<http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/download.php?file_id=48925>