lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #57790] Fragmented UDP packets leads to crash on reass

From: Jarno Malmari
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #57790] Fragmented UDP packets leads to crash on reassembly
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 14:22:46 -0500 (EST)

[comment #1 comment #1:]
> You won't get me to reproduce this with an H7 board, sorry.

Understandable.

> The drivers ST provides are known to be buggy. Why are you sure this is a
bug in lwIP, not in your port?

I am not. During my short exposure with ST drivers, I agree, they seem not
well tested. However, this consistently fails on me while no other stress test
does. On the other hand, I do have ST's F4 with LwIP that doesn't fail.
Biggest difference between the two is the memory setup and layout.

Any restrictions on what type of memory access should be present for LwIP's
rx/tx to work? Is it ok for LWIP_RAM_HEAP_POINTER to be only for writing and
RX only for reading?

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?57790>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/