lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #55590] Zero window probe breaks incoming TCP stream

From: David van Moolenbroek
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #55590] Zero window probe breaks incoming TCP stream
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2020 07:49:47 -0500 (EST)

It's still valid! This has been a while, though. What I can add:

- The main reference here is Bug #49128, which contains more details about the
issue I reported at the time;
- As the bug report shows, the problem was easily reproduced and very
clear-cut, whereas the solution I came up with was.. not something I was fully
confident about, and quite possibly incomplete or even wrong;
- When I looked into this, I noted down the following link with some
background information, although I don't know how valuable it really is here:

  https://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg03801.html

- Using zero-length zero window probes is probably a much better idea, but
will obviously also require an even better look at the current code;
- I don't really see how wireshark would draw the "previous segment not
captured" conclusion though, seeing as the byte was in fact sent, or am I
reading that wrong?

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?55590>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/