lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #57481] Lease timeout timers overflow

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #57481] Lease timeout timers overflow
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2020 03:31:45 -0500 (EST)

Update of bug #57481 (project lwip):

             Assigned to:                    None => goldsimon

Follow-up Comment #1:

I think your analysis is wrong: those timeout values are in
DHCP_COARSE_TIMER_SECS, which is one minute, so you have to divide your
overflow calculation by 60. So the maximum value for those timers will be ~45
days.

Also, the value is not just assigned. It is checked for overflow and limited
to 0xffff instead of overflowing.

In the old days where people actually cared for every byte, we decided that 45
days should be more than enough and it should be ok to trim here.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?57481>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/