lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Use of LWIP_ERROR in dhcp.c

From: Craig McQueen
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Use of LWIP_ERROR in dhcp.c
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2019 06:34:32 +0000

goldsimon wrote:
> Am 7. Februar 2019 06:05:17 MEZ schrieb Craig McQueen
> <address@hidden>:
> >I see in dhcp.c, there is use of LWIP_ERROR when checking values in the
> >DHCP message from the server. Eg in dhcp_parse_reply():
> >
> >    LWIP_ERROR("len == 4", len == 4, return ERR_VAL;);
>
> Hmm, let me check that... Might be wrong. Do you actually set LWIP_ERROR
> to assert?

It looks as though in lwip/debug.h, LWIP_ERROR() uses LWIP_PLATFORM_ERROR().
LWIP_PLATFORM_ERROR() in turn uses LWIP_PLATFORM_ASSERT(), unless LWIP_NOASSERT
is defined. So doing an assert is the lwIP default, unless a user defines
LWIP_NOASSERT in lwipopts.h, or arch/cc.h as the code suggests.

--
Craig McQueen