lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9552] tftp_cleanup() for cleanup and filename buffe

From: Brian
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9552] tftp_cleanup() for cleanup and filename buffer zeroing to prevent filename bugs
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 07:58:16 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #2, patch #9552 (project lwip):

Well during usage if I recall correctly, if your filename is too short, there
may be junk filename data from a previous file that was uploaded (Or really
any junk data essentally).

By clearing before usage, you ensure that this doesn't happen at all.

I presume this did not hit other people using it, either because they are only
using it to upload firmware once. Or their filename was larger on next upload.
Or they have always corrected it but never pushed it because they considered
it too trivial?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9552>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/