lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #52937] raw_input() must tell ip4/6_input() whether th

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #52937] raw_input() must tell ip4/6_input() whether this protocol has been received
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 10:04:31 -0500 (EST)

Simon,

Patch looks correct to me, couple of minor things:

I'd add would be some comments for the RAW_INPUT defines:

#define RAW_INPUT_NONE           0    /* pbuf did not match any pcbs */
#define RAW_INPUT_EATEN          1    /* pbuf handed off and delivered to pcb
*/
#define RAW_INPUT_DELIVERED      0xFF /* pbuf only delivered to pcb (pbuf can
still be referenced) */

> I'm not too happy with the "delivered" being 0xFF

I would fine with it being 2. What advantage do you see having the value be at
the end of the number space rather than sequential like an enumeration?

>From the raw.h, I can't quiet tell if raw_input is part of the callback API or
something internal to LwIP.  If not, we could change the function signature
and use an enumerated type (instead of #define).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?52937>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/