lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #49372] TCP_MSL should be documented in public place

From: Yosic
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #49372] TCP_MSL should be documented in public place
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 20:37:53 -0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release: None
            lwIP version: Other

Details:

TCP_MSL should be documented somewhere outside private headers. opt.h
propbably or somewhere else since it is important parameter for small memory
platforms. I wasted about a week searching why I get heap exhausted after
about 200 tcp connections. By default TCP_MSL equals to 60sec. And saying more
it's value is doubled when checking time. So I have 200 TCP PCBs hanging for 2
minutes without any need.
Another question is why this value has this name which is quite misleading
since it is used to check abandoned PCBs only.
If there is a big sense behind this so please explain it.
I use 2.0 RC2.
Thanks.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?49372>

  Message sent via/by Savannah