lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #49662] UDP layer should filter incoming multicast dat

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #49662] UDP layer should filter incoming multicast datagrams against the bound IP address
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 15:03:25 +0000 (UTC)

I agree with David's comment.  The BSD socket semantics allows receiving
multicast if the socket is bound to IP_ADDR_ANY or the multicast group
(assuming IP membership has been added on the socket as well).  Being able to
receive multicast when bound to an interface IP is not BSD semantics
(strangely multicast receive works in Winsock this way)

I think LwIP code allows binding to a multicast group because when comparing
pcb->local_ip with ip_current_dest_addr(), local_ip should be the multicast
group

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?49662>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/