lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #46290] Optimize passing contiguous buffers to tcp_wri

From: David van Moolenbroek
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #46290] Optimize passing contiguous buffers to tcp_write
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2016 15:11:19 +0000 (UTC)

Attached is my edited version of the same patch. My changes compared to
Ambroz's version:
- rebased on top of lwip-current, incorporating recent (e.g. doxygen)
changes;
- removed the pbuf_last() addition, as that should really be a separate
patch;
- added a few extra asserts, both as integrity checks and for code flow
clarification;
- added and expanded comments to reflect the changed functionality.

I hope that it will be reconsidered for merging. I'd be happy to make
additional changes should that help. Otherwise this patch might serve as an
updated starting point for anyone else interested in this feature.

As a random data point: on my setup and with my own test set, the patch
reduces the maximum pbuf chain length per TCP packet from 256 to 5.

(file #38795)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: 0001-Add-TCP_EXTEND_ROM_PBUFS-setting-by-Ambroz-Bizjak.patch Size:7
KB

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?46290>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/