lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] !NO_SYS and sys_init()

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: [lwip-devel] !NO_SYS and sys_init()
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 23:40:34 +0200

Hi,

sys_init() is currently not called nor required for !NO_SYS platform,
however if I'm right user ports must now provide at least sys_now() for
timers. Users might want to use sys_init() to setup a timer for
sys_now(), this is what the unix port is doing (or at least tried to do
because of course it doesn't work(*) when being used with !NO_SYS).

Should we remove the sys_init() condition on !NO_SYS ?

(* it works because what the unix port is doing is stupid, but that's a
separate subject)

Sylvain