lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] rawapi documentation update

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] rawapi documentation update
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 14:19:23 -0300

> Well, I'm not very fan of wiki for documentation, they tend to get
> either out of sync with the current codebase or if they are updated they
> lost the documentation which applies to previous software version.

Hi Sylvain,
Neither do I, this was an independent effort and I jumped in when lost
in the darkness.

> The wiki doesn't seem to contain that much data, I started merging the
> threading part into the rawapi.txt documentation file. What do you think
> about populating the lwIP doc/ with a checked and updated content from
> the wiki ?

That would be great for us users.
I have some really small examples on using the basics for the RAW API in
NO_SYS=1, which is what I use, I'm happy to give them away if you think
they can be useful (should be cheked against git HEAD because I use 1.4.1).
My line of work deviated a bit from lwIP this year and I'm more into
other stuff, but I can collaborate on the docs if you like. I have plans
to do this anyway, but in spanish.
Regards