lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Moving Layer4+ protocols to main git

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Moving Layer4+ protocols to main git
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2015 19:18:53 +0000 (GMT)

I like the idea, maybe an apps folder under src?

I am curious about what the criteria will be for accepting new apps.  It seems that applications using the RAW API are unique to LwIP, but applications written against the BSD sockets interface could work with other stacks and may not be very unique to LwIP.  Would apps lightweight in nature be enough for inclusion?

One final thought, we could potentially move the DHCP client into this folder since it is indeed a layer 5 protocol.  Other stacks implement the DHCP client (and server) outside of the TCP/IP stack itself.

Joel