lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] IPv6 and 1.5.0

From: Ivan Delamer
Subject: [lwip-devel] IPv6 and 1.5.0
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 14:23:02 -0600

I've worked a little bit on open IPv6 bugs. I don't think we have any showstoppers left. The only real bug is IPv6 reassembly on 64-bit platforms, but to check/implement that I will need more time than I have available right now.

We should also work on checking PCBs when address status change, but this seems to be a pretty uncommon occurrence as far as I've experienced.

I think the only major task remaining for IPv6 is to implement a better IPv4/IPv6 struct. I think we need to add a version field like for socket addresses. This could be conditionally-compiled if IPv6 is not enabled. Then we don't need to worry about increased memory footprint in IPv4-only systems.

Cheers
Ivan