lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] is this is a bug ? (inside tcp_out.c)

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] is this is a bug ? (inside tcp_out.c)
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 11:04:31 +0200

Albert Huitsing wrote:
> when a TCP connection is abruptly aborted (remote node has a crash-bug :-),
> it seems the local connection can't be terminated correctly in my case. I
> traced it down to :
>
> lwip_netconn_do_close_internal()
> tcp_send_fin()
> tcp_enqueue_flags: too long queue 8 (max 8)
>
> which keeps on going forever (because of ERR_MEM)

This seems like a bug in lwIP, but your fix is not really correct. It might
solve your specific problem, but only because of your current pcb->snd_queuelen
state. A more general fix might have to detect that only a FIN should be
enqueued and ignore the TCP_SND_QUEUELEN counter in this case.

Would you mind adding a bug on savannah?

Simon