lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Closing connections with rawapi

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Closing connections with rawapi
Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 10:13:24 -0300

Per,
from my short stay in this lwIP world, I can tell you that:
- rawapi.txt was written by Adam Dunkels (The Man himself) many years
ago, when lwIP had just been born; and it is a bit outdated.
- The documentation is not what one would expect, but it is fine,
although embedded in the source code. I've learned to rely on the source
code and the provided examples instead of rawapi.txt
- There is a wiki, which has some sort of need-to-know docs, anyone can
contribute to that (I did).
- Most of the 'good stuff' is on the list, and searching is cumbersome,
but it is there.

Every now and then I find something that is difficult to et at first
glance, so I put it on the wiki.
So far I've been busy with lots of multiple tasks, but my Ethernet
driver and Cortex-M3 port are working fine, so I'll be working on proper
TCP and UDP usage and examples (in parallel with my fork of the http
server). Maybe we can work together to populate the wiki.
Regards