lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] IPV6CP

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] IPV6CP
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 21:54:00 +0200

Hi Art,

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 01:38:57PM -0600, Art Heers wrote:
> Is there any thought of allowing at run time PPP to run as either a
> server or a client.  I see currently this is a compile time decision
> using #define PPP_SERVER.

PPP Server is not supported (yet?). Adding PPP Server support require
porting all the code enclosed into PPP_SERVER #define to lwIP (reducing
memory footprint, moving structures to PCB, removing global variables
that are only working for one session to PCB in order to fulfil the
support of multiple PPP instance), and then adding passive interface
support to PPPoS, PPPoE, and PPPoL2TP (waiting for incoming session on,
respectively, serial, Ethernet, UDP).

By the way, why do you need PPP Server support ?  This seem rather an
uncommon thing for an embedded devices to act as a PPP server, maybe for
remote dialup management (but why over IP?) ?

Sylvain