lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] HW checksum support and fragmented packets

From: Ivan Delamer
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] HW checksum support and fragmented packets
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 10:21:31 -0600 (MDT)

I think this is a good idea. Haven't worked with hardware CRC calculations
other than for Ethernet frames, so can't be of much help, but sounds like
a good approach.

Anyways, I need to take a look at pbufs again. There's been talk of and
some support for zero-copy netif drivers. I'll look into this in the near
future and while I'm poking in there will see if I can come up with
suggestions for CRC offloading. Seems like a good idea to make it generic
to fragmented/non-fragmented packets.

Cheers
Ivan