lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] sockets without threads?

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] sockets without threads?
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 20:01:59 +0100

On 7 Jun 2012, at 15:57, Colin Nichols wrote:

> Anyone have experience with this?  I'm really hesitant to re-implement
> sockets, but I can't modify my OS at this point and I don't think I have a
> choice...

Apologies for the delay responding to your question.  It sounds like the
approach you describe is the best one given you constraints.  You may also need
to copy the data from one address space to the other to complete the receive
request, and performance will not be great due to the additional overheads of
IPC compared to inter-thread communication, but that might be OK for you use.

Kieran