lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] FW: Initialization of global variables

From: Boštjan Meglič
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] FW: Initialization of global variables
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 08:45:51 +0100

Hi Evan,

check this link (read the whole thread):
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lwip-devel/2012-03/msg00008.html

Bostjan

On 14.3.2012 8:26, Evan Hunter wrote:
Hi All,

I have noticed that many of the global variables used in LwIP are not
initialized properly.

My link script / crt0 avoids initializing anything that has not been
specifically requested to be initialized, and consequently I am seeing
pointer errors due to LwIP using pointer that it doesn’t initialize.

Some of the offending variables are:

I suggest that tcp_init(), udp_init() and ip_init() should be changed
from a macro to a function to memset the appropriate variables.

The h_errno variable can be set to NULL in its declaration.

The netif variables could be initialized in netif_init().

Regards,

Evan Hunter