lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #33128] Socket send() and sendto() do not use bound in

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #33128] Socket send() and sendto() do not use bound interface.
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 18:04:43 +0000

>Now that's what I call a bug: the code selects an interface to
>send to and some lines below rejects its own choice :-) We should
>fix that...

I think that test (line 560) should be deleted and I've done so on my lwIP
versions built for speed.  It does save some slight runtime overhead.

lwIP supports the Window's (and other OSes?) function to specify a route so
sending to any subnet from any interface can be done.  If one calls
etharp_add_static_entry then any netif should be able to send to the static IP
address regardless of the netif source address.  I've had to do this in
Windows to talk to a device on a different subnet.  I know it's MAC address
and IP address due to discovery but I must talk to (i.e. configure) it by
unicast UDP.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?33128>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/