lwip-devel

RE: [lwip-devel] LWIP and LWIPv6 projects

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: RE: [lwip-devel] LWIP and LWIPv6 projects
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 16:48:01 -0500

I didn't find source either but from what I was able to read, it sounds like
IPv6 is the default for all of their code and IPv4 works within it.  Which
means there is no IPv4 only version of their effort.  That makes it
incompatible with the current Savannah code if we want IPv4 in the same
footprint as now but to throw an IPv6 #define and add the code and data
additions to support IPv6.

It may well be more effort to merge than to add IPv6 to the current code
base.  (merge_time - IPv6_time_saved > current_release + IPv6_time). :-)

Bill