lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] [task #10474] Different questions

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] [task #10474] Different questions
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 07:57:28 +0200

Replying to the list:

EisenkolbThomas wrote:

> 1.) It would be very useful for TCP connections to resuse the receive
> buffer for the next packet to send. [..]
> Maybe you can create any option to give a pbuf,
> netbuf or something else to netconn_write?

Those are 2 different things: creating a netconn_send function to take a pbuf
is a good idea, but reusing an RX pbuf can be invalid in some cases. However,
once that netconn_send function is available, you might just reuse the pbuf in
your setup...

> 2.) I have the problem of a hard fault but I am sure it is my problem. I
> am
> using a custom memory pool and I call mem_malloc from different threads!
> IS it
> allowed to do so or is it possible to give a Lock Functionality for
> allocation
> and freeing of memory?

SYS_LIGHTWEIGHT_PROT==1 and NO_SYS==0 should protect both the pools
(memp_malloc) as well as the heap (mem_malloc) to allocate from different
threads. OTOH, to call mem_free (heap) at interrupt level, you have to use a
recent version and set LWIP_ALLOW_MEM_FREE_FROM_OTHER_CONTEXT==1.

Simon