lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #10370] Raw API: Callback for received FIN to confirm

From: Iordan Neshev
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #10370] Raw API: Callback for received FIN to confirm connection is closed
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 11:00:22 +0000

>Do you mean the 'err' callback?
Yes, I did.

>If so, just set it back to NULL: lwIP's TCP is currently >designed to always
call the callbacks as long as the pcb lives, >no matter which state it is in
(e.g. when the pcb is removed ?>from TIME_WAIT because the stack ran out of
new pcbs, the err >callback will be called, too).

>Besides, for a correct implementation of SO_LINGER, the err >callback must
be called after tcp_close if a RST is received

So, if I reset the err callback I will not be able to use SO_LINGER.
Currently I don't need it, but who knows what the future brings? I'd better
not put needless limitations.
Also, I set a flag there (the err cb) that is tested in many places and
currently I don't have the time to revise the whole application to find out
what would be the impact of such change. I'll try to find some other approach
later. If there are problems, I'll ask lwip_users.

I think this task can be closed now.
Thanks again for your work.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?10370>

  Message sent via/by Savannah