lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] MSG_WAITALL socket recv flag needed

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] MSG_WAITALL socket recv flag needed
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 13:53:52 +0100

On Wed, 2010-06-09 at 12:02 +0200, Sebastian Paluch wrote:

> I wonder if this covers everything and I can go further with this? I
> would also like to know if it would be possible to have MSG_WAITALL
> flag in official release?

I don't see why not.

The Opengroup docs for recv() say:

MSG_WAITALL
On SOCK_STREAM sockets this requests that the function block until the
full amount of data can be returned. The function may return the smaller
amount of data if the socket is a message-based socket, if a signal is
caught, if the connection is terminated, if MSG_PEEK was specified, or
if an error is pending for the socket.

As long as we meet that description then I've got no problem with adding
this small extra bit of code.  It's probably best to file a bug or patch
on savannah to give it the best chance of making it into 1.4.0

Kieran