lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Window scale and SACK

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Window scale and SACK
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 07:58:17 +0200

> I noticed a thread from April about implementing
> window scaling, and only a mention from 2003 about SACK.  I am curious
> if someone is already working on either or both of these.

There is a patch for window scaling in the savannah bugtracker
(https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6537), but I don't know the status of it or
how it applies to 1.3.1. It might be on the list for 1.4.0, though...

You can always download the patch, try to apply it to 1.3.1 and see how far you
get or where you have to change things.

As for SACK, I can't recall this being mentioned on one of the lists lately, so
you might have to implement this on your own. I wouldn't be aversed seeing a
cleanly separated patch for this, though (it would have to be as lightweight as
possible and turned off with an option, of course :).

Simon