lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #26523] Compiler Warnings

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #26523] Compiler Warnings
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 08:58:55 +0000

Update of bug #26523 (project lwip):

                Severity:              3 - Normal => 2 - Minor

Follow-up Comment #8:

I would favour explicit casts when downsizing from a u16 to a u8 for example,
but the reverse should not need a cast.  I prefer it this way as it shows the
writer of the code has (maybe) thought about the implication of the change in
size, and thinks it is OK.  Without the explicit cast it could just be
something they overlooked, so the compiler is right to warn.  Similarly for
changes between signed and unsigned variables.

This should be regarded as pretty low priority though, and maybe just a guide
for writing or modifying code in the future.

Rikke: are the warnings causing any problems?  I prefer to get rid of
warnings, but just want to check that there isn't a more serious issue?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?26523>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/