lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #6849] Test how checksum on copy could be integrated

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #6849] Test how checksum on copy could be integrated into the stack
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 19:30:24 +0000

Yes, it can be done with lwIP not to checksum changing those #defines but
it's far from ideal because the driver has to parse the outgoing packet to
decide what to checksum.  IMO this is good for hardware which is parsing
packets and checksumming on the fly.  Those who want to checksum with hardware
but not with packet parsing need an alternative. What I want to do doesn't get
the headers checksummed so my idea of wanting to do just the TCP payload isn't
complete, but it checksums a majority of the data passing through which I can
do in hardware.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6849>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/