lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Re: [lwip-users] Re: [bug #25940] Regarding the Fragmen

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Re: [lwip-users] Re: [bug #25940] Regarding the Fragmentation issue in the ICMP packet.
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 19:44:12 +0100

arun kumar wrote:
.. I have attached the picture please verify this .

MS-Word is *not* a good format to post a picture. You're lucky I have a viewer for that around. If you send an image, please send only the image next time!

Aside from that, I still cannot really tell what's wrong. Since I don't have access to your hardware, you should try to debug it yourself a little. Here are some starters:

- Why does the assert fail? (i.e. compare increment_magnitude against p->len) - is the contents of the packet correct? (compare against packet shown by an ethernet sniffer like wireshark) - if that doesn't help, try going up one step in the callstack and see what's happening in ip_reass with the pbufs and why p->len is too short (if it is)

One reason could be that your pbufs are too short and the the IP header does not fit into the first pbuf in the queue, but I cannot tell that from here.

Simon