lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #6994] Redesign Socket Layer with LWIP_TCPIP_CORE_LOC

From: piero
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #6994] Redesign Socket Layer with LWIP_TCPIP_CORE_LOCKING
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 11:34:59 +0000

Hi all

just my few cents for this interesting discussion (sorry for my bad
english):

1. i'd like the ida to have new socket layer, which can work with OS, but
without netconn. I think that it could be useful working toghether the idea of
"zero-copy driver with DMA", discussed in mailing, to have very performance
full stack (full = from sockets to driver)... implementation should be thinked
for supporting this.
2. i'm an happy user of select(). For me it's very important to have it, but
poll() function could be used as replacement (but i'm not sure)
3. i'd like the idea that i can user new lwip socket layer with other IO
(file access on flash, UART, SPI...), just having the possibility build custom
socket "class" (i.e. UartSocket) customizing low-level function (read, write,
... somethinh defined in socket_low_level_prototypes reference); in this way i
can use the same application code for managing network stream or (i.e.)
uart-streaming, or synchronize them with select() or poll()
3. i downloaded files here (socket2.c and .patch)... i want to study them and
try to port over my application (lwip 130 based)... i suppose i'll need some
help to use and understanding them... i want to give my help to this idea,
trying to developing something or, at least, as a beta-tester

Bye
Piero

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6994>

  Messaggio inviato con/da Savannah