lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #7891] FTP Client for lwip ready for test

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #7891] FTP Client for lwip ready for test
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 11:29:17 +0000

>On the other hand, as much as I apprechiate having an FTP client for lwIP:
how does this relate to lwIP if it is really a socket application? Having the
raw- and netconn-APIs, I think we should focus on applications for these (more
efficient) APIs and leave the generic socket API apps to the rest of the
world... (just my own opinion, though - although it's always better to have a
socket FTP client than no FTP client at all).

About that, I think there is two kind of modules in contrib/apps: first, we
should have enought applications to be able to test most of parts of lwIP code
(chargen, netio). And socket layer is one of these parts, and with it, you
also the netconn test (the only thing to know with netconn api is the pbuf
chains use). Secondly, a module in contrib/apps can provide some usual
protocols in a SIMPLE way (ping, sntp, netbios). Of course, a module doing
both is better (httpserver & httpserver_raw).

About this FTP client, I'm not sure about what it provide: this is socket
based, and mainly use the tcp part. But "chargen" already do that, so...

But, in all cases, AS LONG there is a code maintainer for a contrib module, I
don't have any problem if we add it.

One of the module I would like to use is a rtp client/server to test the IGMP
parts (I have already post it).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7891>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/