lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #6459] Minor changes to err.h, stats.c & httpd/fs

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #6459] Minor changes to err.h, stats.c & httpd/fs
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 08:12:37 +0000

Follow-up Comment #7, patch #6459 (project lwip):

>Apart from that, I think it's sad IGMP has an extra function - it is a
protocol, too, after all!

yes, but we can't reduce others the protocol statistics to the stats_proto
(by example, there is no fields in this struct to get informations or
join/leave/reports, etc...).

>In other words, I think it would be good to add a function
stats_display_proto(struct stats_proto) or something to selectively display
the stats of one protocol only instead of displaying all. Only the current
functions are not nice enough for that.

yes, I think we could have some defines like ...

#define STATSDISPLAY_LINK   0x00000001
#define STATSDISPLAY_ETHARP 0x00000002
#define STATSDISPLAY_IPFRAG 0x00000004

add change the stats_display prototype with a "u32_t flags" parameter, or add
a stats_display_with_flags function and make stats_display as a macro

>Keeping the a const char name for all protocols could help here.

yes, but you have to cast the first parameters.

But I think it's another task, and we should "remove" stats from the scope of
this patch...

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6459>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/