lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #3168] Handling UDP/TCP PCBs upon netif address change

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #3168] Handling UDP/TCP PCBs upon netif address change.
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 14:31:46 +0000

After trying on Linux, even when the locally bound address goes away, recv()
will remain blocked and not report an error. Even if I do a non-blocking
recv(), still no error is returned, and netstat shows the listening socket
remains bound to the (now gone) address.

I guess the idea is that it's up to something else to deal with that, if it
needs dealing with. Most sockets are (usually implicitly) bound to 0.0.0.0 of
course, and in that case clearly one interface going away should not cause the
socket to get an error. Perhaps this could be considered just the logical
extension of that.

So I guess this could go back to the original report. Why is someone trying
to bind to an address other than IP_ADDR_ANY then?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?3168>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/