lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #1551] Make ARP more independent of interface hardwar

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #1551] Make ARP more independent of interface hardware type
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 09:32:13 +0000

>It seems to me that we can reuse etharp.c with some modifications.

As far as I can see it, what can be reused is
- finding an arp entry
- the calling structure (netif->input calls arp_output which calls
netif->linkoutput)

But since the arp table (and maybe some functions as entrypoints), I think it
would be best to create another ARP module and link it instead of etharp.

>A specific arp.c module for each interface where entry points are set in the
netif structure.

If used simultaneously, I think this would be the best solution as I don't
see much code can be reused. (If we make it clear etharp.c is only for
ethernet, we can also have some speedup by defining hwaddr_len to always be
6.)

>I work on it when I have time.

Take your time, I don't see this as a pressing issue as long as nobody uses
it (aside from you :)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?1551>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/