lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] IP fragmentation

From: Thomas Taranowski
Subject: [lwip-devel] IP fragmentation
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 14:53:50 -0700

I'm looking at the code to do the IP reassembly, and notice that it appears that it is only able to handle a single fragmented payload at a time.  Is this really true, or am I seeing things again?  If so, the implementation is somewhat problematic in that if one of the fragments of an IP datagram is lost, then the ip_reass_tmr has to expire before the stack can handle a fragment belonging to a new IP datagram.  By default, this timer is set to expire every seconds.