lwip-devel

RE: [lwip-devel] Why the tcp_pcb haven't beenfree when Icalltcp_close()

From: Goldschmidt Simon
Subject: RE: [lwip-devel] Why the tcp_pcb haven't beenfree when Icalltcp_close()
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:58:36 +0100

Hi Kieran,

> > Does anyone know the answer (or why I saw it like this on
> the 2 OSes)?
>
> It's all to do with possible retransmissions due to lost FINs
> or ACKs (or even I suppose very delayed duplicate packets
> from the middle of the

Thanks for the nice explanation. It's nearly what I've thought (though I
didn't read it anywhere so was not sure). Only with my client/server
application (winsock2...) TIME_WAIT state is not used at all if the
client closes first.

What I don't know for geckook's example is which side closes first, but
that would be interesting to see...

Simon