lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #19225] bind, connect, and sendto should verify input

From: Dmitry Potapov
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #19225] bind, connect, and sendto should verify input paramers
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 09:52:32 +0000

I believe that the whole socket.c is overhead that you are ready to pay for
better compatibility with standard sockets. So, if you worry about footprint
and performance, it is better to use netconn_ interface. And, we check the
first parameter - socket descriptor, why don't have a reasonable check for
others? If you think it adds big overhead, then let's make it ASSERT.

BTW, there is no need to use set_errno(EBADF) if get_socket(s) returns NULL,
because get_socket has already set errno.

   sock = get_socket(s);
   if (!sock) {
-    set_errno(EBADF);
     return -1;
   }

As to api_lib.c, I prefer to see ASSERT instead of that not NULL checking.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?19225>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/